Finding fellow travellers for your business
A shorter version of my post on the Seedcamp blog about finding partners...
This is some practical advice on what you can do if you have a great idea - for Seedcamp, or otherwise - and you want to go about finding a partner.
It's not easy, but in this age of networks, here are some suggestions which grease the wheels.
You can start easily online:
- Check out Seedcamp on Facebook - as it opens up, Groups and associated Events are becoming more powerful as networking tools
- Get engaged in Seedcamp Forums - contribute to and check out ours
- Use Linkedin - if you know what you're looking for it can be a powerful tool for finding the right people
- Opencoffee Club - now in almost 60 cities around the world from Boston to Zagreb. You are likely to be close to one and if not, start one and see who turns up. You'll find you can meet in person co-founders, fellow entrepreneurs and folks to build your team
- Barcamp - a really inspiring phenomenon, a place to meet great hackers and people passionate about building products
- Meetup - pretty much in every city, you can find experts on most topics, take your pick